About Michael Woof
Practice: MW Forensics, Beech Cottage, Slad, Nr Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6 7QA
Experience & specialist fields
Involved in forensic accounting work and litigation support since 1980, receiving instructions from solicitors and insurance companies. Experienced in claimant, defendant, and single joint expert work, particularly in the following specialist fields :-
- Personal injury and Dependency claims (including Fatal Accident claims) – both including losses of earnings, retirement benefits, benefits from employment etc.
- Commercial disputes
- Partnership and contract disputes
- Business interruption claims
- Professional negligence
Given evidence in Court, as an expert witness, on a number of occasions. Experienced in attending conferences with Counsel, and in discussions with other experts with a view to preparing Joint Statements as directed by the Courts.
After qualifying in 1972, worked in London for 7 years, before joining Little & Company, Gloucester, in 1979, becoming a partner in January 1981. Retired from Little & Company in January 2009, and started own practice – MW Forensics.
Professional memberships & Qualifications
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (qualified 1972)
- Member of the Academy of Experts (1992)
- Member of the Expert Witness Institute (1997)
- Member of the Forensic Group of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- ACA 1972
- FCA 1979